United States of America
|Birth||15 July 1893, Bingen am Rhein, Germany|
|Death|| 27 January 1987, New York City, USA|
(aged 93 years)
Otto Nathan (1893–1987) was an economist who taught at Princeton University (1933–35), New York University (1935–42), Vassar College (1942–44), and Howard University (1946-52).
Nathan was a close friend of Albert Einstein for many years and was designated by Einstein as co-trustee of his literary estate with Helen Dukas.
Otto Nathan was the author of the following books:
- Nazi War Finance and Banking Our Economy in War. Cambridge, Massachusetts: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1944. Paperback: ASIN B000J0VXBG
- The Nazi Economic System: Germany’s Mobilization for War. New York: Russell & Russell, 1971. Hardcover textbook: ISBN 0-8462-1501-2, ISBN 978-0-8462-1501-1
- Einstein on Peace. Albert Einstein; Otto Nathan and Heinz Norden, editors and translators. Preface by Bertrand Russell. Editions:
- 1960. New York: Simon & Schuster
- 1968. New York: Schocken Books. Paperback: ASIN B000IVW9SM
- 1975. New York: Schocken Books. Hardcover: ASIN B000MBU3R2
- 1981. New York and Avenel, New Jersey: Avenel Publishing. Hardcover: ASIN B000LZLI82